Based upon my past experiences, my current circumstances and my future hopes and dreams, what is the wise thing for me to do?
Ever since I heard this question, I have made it my aim in life to ask and answer truthfully. This leads me to the issue of using, wisely, the resources and services at our disposal. One of which the Club Portal (#.toastmastersclubs.org). Specifically, the Club Calendar allows members to see ALL scheduled events in the Club and outside the Club - Area, Division and District. I propose that the reason members and prospects don't access our club sites, has nothing to do with how plain and unattractive the standard site is - but, everything to do with the fact that most clubs fail to use it wisely.
So how does the Club Calendar help the club? I am glad you asked, because I am going to explain, or at least give you a list of benefits ...
- it is the most reliable source for scheduled Club Meetings
- it is a great place to list Area, Division, District and International Events
- it is easy to use
- it is easy to add events
- it is the best place to publish the Meeting Agenda for registered members and recognized Guests and Prospects
- every item can link to a URL with more information
- used consistently, it can serve as a single archive record for activities that can be used to submit achievements
- NOBODY wants to go to your club calendar and see it blank, leaving your site with the impression that you are not an active club
If you would like help with YOUR Club Portal, just ask your Area Director.