Sunday, August 16, 2015

Did you say FREE?

If you have ever wanted to add pizz-azz to your brochures, posters, emails, and/or communications, but don’t have the money or time to invest in expensive software, this post is for YOU. I have been using expensive, professional graphic design software since 1996. My expectations are high. I refuse to use or recommend a product that is sub-par and leave users disappointed.


The GNU GPL or Open Source movement has come a long way since it started in 1998. The reality in 2015 is that if there is a good program that meets the needs of a large audience, you can likely find an Open Source alternative. So, today, I want to introduce you to FOUR (4) specific products that I will share resources for in the near future. Additionally, I may be providing live training or webinars this next year to help you minimize that steep learning curve.

You should know that to start with, my Graphic/Web Design toolkit always includes Adobe Photoshop ($499), Adobe Illustrator ($749), Adobe Dreamweaver ($899), and Adobe InDesign ($499). Buying the latest versions of these titles can set you back a small fortune. Don’t fret! I have a solution which I am personally promoting.

Get familiar with these, because they will immediately help you up your game. Seashore, Inkscape, BlueGriffon, and Scribes are 100% free. While they lack advanced features that the big boys have, they give you the ability to complete at least 80% of your innovative projects.

I will be posting individually on each of these products along with an embedded video to help you see the basic features in action.